Cleveland High School
Rio Rancho Public Schools, Rio Rancho, NM
Cleveland High School, a MacConnell Award National Finalist, was designed as a series of self contained academies organized around light filled classrooms and shared laboratories. Flexible classrooms encourage and support collaborative teaching and personalized learning spaces engage the student.
Movable classroom furniture supports unlimited teaching configurations and ‘in-between’ social gathering spaces create an interactive learning environment. A state-of-the art, comprehensive technology package identifies the school as a leader in integrating curriculum and connectivity.
Sustainable Design success was recognized by School Planning & Management Sustainability and Innovation Award – Judge’s choice for Energy Efficiency and Conservation category.
*In Association with Fanning Howey, Ohio
- CEFPI James D. MacConnell Award Finalist 2010
- School Planning & Management Sustainability and Innovation Award – Judge’s choice for Energy Efficiency and Conservation category
- National School Board Association Citation 2010
- AGC Best Buildings 2010
- AS&U Educational Interiors Showcase Silver Citation 2010
- Schooldesigner.com Collabetition Silver Winner for Best Overall School 2010
- Learning by Design Citation of Excellence 2010
- Best Buildings Winner for Associated General Contractors of America NM
- ASA NM Project of the Year Nominee 2010
- Albuquerque Green Built Commercial Tour Participant 2010